map-marker Nocona, Texas

Rude customer service

Rude and condescending on the phone. Tried asking questions and was essentially mocked for not already having bunker. I will be building my own after this phone call. Go elsewhere!
map-marker Brampton, Ontario

***

Absolute *** Scam, will not get anything from them again.

User's recommendation: This is ***

James H Ztd

Verified Reviewer

You would be better off at ground zero

Had one of their mid range bunkers installed by their recommended contractor. Less than a year later I had an underground swimming pool. After pumping it out (on MY dime) it was revealed that over half of the welds had failed. So far I've heard nothing but crickets from the company. Their "bulletproof door" is a JOKE. A 9mm penetrated from 10 feet away.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Finding out rising s company ceo had criminal record
Cons:
  • Poor quality product
  • Fake warranty
  • False advertising

Guest

I have no doubts a 9mm would penetrate anything sold from these crooks.

Ildefonso Nqc

Post the link to your video of proof of 9mm penetration... or consider yourself a liar.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania

STAY AWAY go to anyone else

They literally informed the FBI on a customer. For private bunkers I wouldn't trust them. Think this through what else would they be informing big brother on? Local government would happen to get tips where your bunker is located. No trust.
Guest

Terrible, Cheap, wet, moldy, dangerous, hot, unsafe, robbed, go anywhere else or build your own.

Jayleene Xca

Thair so called shelter is a joke, who puts propane in a bunker, thair doors are a joke, it's pretty sad when people spend big bucks to get crap, when atlas makes better quality shelters

Guest

The owner also has a long public criminal rap sheet for violence, intimidation by threat and assault w/deadly weapon and multiple counts of grand larceny.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1806936

Thanks for letting us know. I'll look into it before committing to them.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1806936

And the proof of this so called record?? Post a link. Waiting...

View more comments (4)
Roman L Drc

Verified Reviewer

NO, poorly built garbage a 3rd grader could do better buy a real shelter from ATLAS!

Garbage work, my bunker flooded the first rain, the air system stopped working and now.cannot even go in to clean up flood! rising s refuses to fix!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor quality product
  • False advertising
  • Fake warranty
Damaged or defective

Lynn Pqq

Same thing happened to us with our bunker!! I think we need to open a class action law suit on this company. If anyone knows of a good lawyer let me know.

map-marker New York, New York

If you value your freedom and your life stay away

Bunch of gov narc's, felons and scam artists stealing good peoples money and then reporting them to the feds. Shameful.!! Do yourself a favor and call atlas.
Ildefonso Nqc

Again, And the proof of this so called record?? Post a link. Waiting...

Cr Aef

*** of humanity

Criminal *** and the *** of humanity. Don't trust a word they say.

Pros:
  • No pro
Cons:
  • Everything about them
Halbert Oxh

You want proof your a felon???get beenverified.com they will tell you your intire arrest record and what you was convicted of and everything. There is also a youtube video where you the owner of Rising S snitched your own customer out after buying stuff from him and you didn't turn all the purchases in to the Feds you kept the fully auto weapons. Go watch the Video Yall the guy got 33 months in jail because Rising S snitched him out

Ildefonso Nqc

And the proof of this so called record?? Post a link. Waiting...

reply icon Replying to comment of Ildefonso Nqc

I realize this is over a year old, but just to set the record straight, you cannot link to a report on www.beenverified.com. To get the information, you must subscribe.

But it is worth the $30 or so before you spend thousands of dollars on a shelter to find out if the guy selling them to you is a convicted felon. Especially since he will know where your shelter is, how to get in to it, and maybe even what you have stored in it.

Use common sense, do your due diligence. Trust no one, verify everything yourself.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2029820

Yes not hard to get into their bunkers just kick the door in. Also I guess this one fellow that keeps asking for proof must be one of the crooks if not the main idiot crook snitch.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Stay away

In the summer of 2017, I put down a $24k deposit for Rising S shelter after having a long phone call with one of their employees (Gary) who reassured me the shelter would be installed to coincide with the new house I was building. I explained the need for it to be in the ground no later than March of 2018. I also provided site plans, photos and videos of the lot and structure, and measurements. Gary stated there would be absolutely no problems.

By the time January rolled around, I wanted an update having heard nothing from Rising S (and they NEVER reached out to me on their own in the year and a half I waited for my shelter—I had to call, email and text various times before receiving a response. Sometimes it’d take weeks. The only time they were truly responsive was when I got an attorney involved, but more on that later. Just be aware that they don’t know what customer service is and they won’t follow up or provide updates even if you’ve paid them tens of thousands of dollars). They told me the shelter was nearly complete and a March install was still in the works and that they’d reach out to install. Now, if you’ve never built a house before, understand there are construction deadlines and inspection dates and lots of moving parts.

A few days into March and I still hadn’t heard anything. I called, texted and emailed both Gary and the contact info on their website. A day goes by and still no response. Then my builder, who’s anxious to get this completed, tries reaching out and they get no response. After reaching out again and again I finally get a short response to schedule a call in a week to discuss. That day arrived and I don’t get a call. So I call them and they tell me they’re sorry, but the install will need to be in April. When in April? They’ll let me know by the end of March. The end of March arrives and I don’t hear from anyone, so I go through the same routine of contacting them. They ask for me to call a couple of weeks later to determine the install. This continues through May, and they seem to have forgotten to tell me that the shelter was nearly complete in January because at this point they say they’re about to start building it.

I’m very angry at this point and my builder gives them a June deadline. They promise it’ll be there by June. June comes and goes, so I’ve decided I’ve had enough and I want my money back. They refuse to return my money, so I call my attorney. We all agree to conditions that they will install no later than the second week of July. July gets here and they can’t locate the proper equipment to install. Instead — without having properly investigated my land in person like they said they would — they have a 90,000lb excavator delivered, subsequently destroying parts of the street and the sidewalk I share with my neighbor (and my neighbor is obviously pissed). My builder sees the type of equipment they had delivered and informs them to remove it immediately, as the path to access the shelter site is too small for an excavator of that size and it will cause the house foundation to cave. At that time, Rising S said they needed that specific excavator to install. This of course could have been avoided if they actually reviewed the site plans, photos, videos and measurements I provided back in 2017, and if they’d actually communicated with my builder who repeatedly tried reaching out to them, and if they actually arrived in person to evaluate and prep the site before heavy machinery was delivered (it was delivered while their install crew was still in another state).

In short, I couldn’t have the shelter installed. It wouldn’t fit without damaging the new house. After all of the delays, lies and lack of customer service, Rising S kept both the shelter (which they’ll sell to someone else and make a profit) and my $24,000 deposit. Unfortunately my attorney advised me not to take it to court out of state because the fees associated with fighting them on this would likely surpass the money they owed me, even if I won (which she thought would most certainly happen).

Stay away from Rising S. Regardless of how nice their stuff looks, they don’t know how to run a business and they don’t care anything about the customer. Instead, go to Atlas Survival Shelters in California. They were able to build and install a new shelter for me in less than two months, and their service is fantastic! I received regular photo and video updates during the building process. My Atlas shelter is installed and operational.

Order processing issue
Ildefonso Nqc

Looks like a review by the competition. Yeah, not buying it...

reply icon Replying to comment of Ildefonso Nqc

Your an idiot.

Guest

At least I haven’t gone that far!! All I have done is 1) found their website, 2) on the page where I could- I requested their newsletter— that was a year or two ago- still haven’t gotten their newsletter by email!!

I went through Publishers Clearinghouse with a “Search” section of their sweepstakes — I guess Rising S has now changed their websites because I can no longer find the one I originally saw. The format has TOTALLY changed for their website.

Not the best way to run a business!! If they don’t have enough people to do the work ( bunker buildings are going be on the rise - if they can’t handle it— hire more people to help build them!

Guest

All the complaints against Rising S Company are the same: 1) No pre-planning or inspection of the installation site. They just show up and do the only thing they know how to do "dig *** and drop something into it".

A trained monkey can do that. They are not the "experts" they advertise to be on their websites. 2) They keep your money and don't want to give it back, no matter what. That's because they're busy spending it on expensive lawyers to keep their company out of bankruptcy thru lawsuits.

3) They don't honor their workmanship, labor or warranty for their products. If you read their website warranties, they claim to stand behind everything; that is, until someone complains and then its always the customer's fault. When all else fails, they point to their written contract which is void for vagueness and contradicts their written warranties on their website. 4) Rising S Company's products and service are inferior to other shelter companies, but you won't find that out until you have to deal with this Rising S Company.

Their doors leak rain water, snow and melting ice. I don't care what they say, a door that doesn't leak is the very least you should expect from an underground shelter or you and your family could drown waiting severe weather. Leaking doors make an underground shelter, a death trap. Don't let the website fool you, the proof is in the pudding and reviews from real customers, that lost real money, not the fake reviews they post on their websites from relatives and friends, not real customers.

I say, all the real customers that got screwed over by Rising S Company get together and file a class action suit . Contact: sandraindayton@***.com

Guest

Sue them... don't just sit there and suck it up.

Guest

For a moment, I thought I HAD WRITTEN THIS LETTER it was so familiar. Not only do I not have a house built yet because of Rising S (I can't recall HOW many times I'd told these people I can't do a house until this shelter goes in the ground), I now realize I just donated $22,000 to a company that probably not only hasn't started my bunker (after a year and a half) but maybe never intended to build it to begin with.

I, too, had consulted an attorney and was told their ridiculous contract was airtight on not getting my deposit back because there is NO mention of any date of delivery / completion, etc. It's open-ended . . .

to THEIR FAVOR!! Stay away, indeed!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1597853

You should sue them, and it is worth the time, effort and money.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1597853

Tell your attorney he/she is WRONG. A contract can be Void for Vagueness.

Open ended and loose contracts that are too vague to be enforced is grounds for return of your money or deposit. Non-performance of any contract is grounds for a lawsuit for damages. There is no such thing as someone keeping your money forever and not performing any service, contract or no contract. If you are in Texas, tell your attorney that VERBAL CONTRACTS ARE BINDING in the state of Texas.

When a "he said"/"she said" verbal agreement with money exchanged is before a judge or jury, each side will have to prove performance, which means you can prove you gave money (receipt) but can Rising S prove they did anything with your money toward fulfillment of any verbal or written contract. This forces them to produce proof they are building or have built your bunker. They have to come up with receipts for your money. If they have spent one penny and can prove it, then they are "in progress" of fulfillment of the contract, however, at that point, you have them in court and can demand a reasonable date for the finished product.

The court will order a "reasonable date" then if they fail, off to court again for them to show receipts and reason why they have not finished the product ordered.

This is a product purchase with a service agreement. You can sue and you will win.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1612150

Rising S Website advertises that they build everything onsite. They state they follow engineer plans for "storm shelters" not bomb shelters.

You can sue for "negligent design", "false advertisment", "negligent installation", "breach of contract" (open ended contracts are illegal because they do not state a specific- in other words, they are "void for vaugeness".) The company can be sued, and each individual can be sued because they are a "limited liability" company, which means that each individual is liable for their individual part. Therefore, the owner, Clyde Wayne Scott can be sued for negligent design, breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligent installation and anything else he authorized. All Rising S bunkers come with propane hot water heaters and they are an explosion hazard. That is negligent design.

And, since Rising S company built the bunker, they are also responsible for putting in a product that can explode and cause death.

These attorneys are being paid off or just stupid, because the law is on the side of the consumer for all these things. Sue them.

View more comments (8)
sandrainspring J
map-marker Murchison, Texas

Rising S Company Warranty no good

Purchased an NBC bunker for $45,000 (delivery and installation included). The door leaks rain water, melting snow and flood water inside the bunker. The stairs rusted, the inside has mold, mildew and rust. The door is rusted. The NBC filter is rusted. The solar battery is rusted. The entire shelter shifted to one side, which was supposed to be under warranty as was the NBC filter. The company claims their lifetime warranty and all claims for their products and their exaggerated advertising on their website is voided by the purchase contract. They claim their door is "weatherproof" not "waterproof". Well, excuse me, but rain and snow is weather. Their installer picked the site, cleared two feet of grade off the ground surface and dug the hole too deep. Then he pushed all the excavated dirt to one side and made a hill where all the rain water runs down over the shelter lid and blamed me for not correcting his wrong installation when they claim to be experts with "vast geological knowledge". See all the false advertising on their website. They had the nerve to send me a bill for the extra cement and for making the man-made hill that floods my bunker and a list of things they did not do and that I did not authorize. I guess they thought it would scare me off if I thought I owed them money, but I paid them all the $45,000 up front, before they even built my bunker, but that's another story. My NBC underground bunker is not safe. It can't even keep out rain, let alone NBC. I personally believe my life and my families lives are in danger if we actually had to use this and it would be our "tomb". I think its a "deathtrap" and these guys should be out of business for false advertising, consumer fraud and breech of warranties. Their CEO, Clyde Wayne Scott's criminal record can be looked up on the internet at https://arrestfacts.com/Clyde-Scott-4p4352. He was arrested for theft over $20,000 and Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon, and Obstruction/Retaliation. Definately not a reputable company to deal with for sure.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Finding out rising s company ceo had criminal record
Cons:
  • False advertising
  • Fake warranty
  • Poor quality product

Guest

Contact Atlas Survival Shelters for excellent quality work! Contact them and maybe they can remedy the *** poor work you had done with this company that shouldn't even be in business. Call Atlas Survival Shelters ASAP!

Crooks

Guest

Did you hear about the bunker that blew up? They found butane nearby, I'm wondering if that was a Rising S bunker, because my horrible Rising S bunker has a propane hot water heater in it and I'm afraid to hook it up, not that anything in that bunker works anyway.

It's rusted out.

There's also an alcohol stove, which has is an open flame, too. They can be sued for negligent design.

Travis P Fjt
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1773863

https://youtu.be/Kk-t6I3FU5s never put propane in your bunker

Guest

Once a thief always a thief. You know if we were back in the old western. days they would have hung them.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1501094

Not cool of these people to do this to people that are afraid of their future. They feel relief when they have a bunker. Now there are a whole new set of deadly porblems just because this company is lazy and horrible.

Guest

The link is broken to read the rest of the complaint.

View more comments (6)
map-marker Canton, Texas

Very Good Experience

My family had looked for several years at underground bunkers before making the decision to buy from Rising S Company. They were very knowledgeable and told me the pros and cons of my ideas and together we came up with a plan that best suited my needs. My shelter has been problem free for nearly 5 years now and I am very happy with the decision we made.
Good quality

Fake five star review

Guest

more lies, these are relatives that invested money into the business

Jayleene Xca

I would like to see videos ,

reply icon Replying to comment of Jayleene Xca

proof

Guest

This must be a relative or someone who has investment in the company.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1777073

These guys are *** all you have to do is look at their designs and do minimal research on air flow, steel gauge and waterproofing to know their products are complete garbage. They’re literally just stealing from people

View more comments (5)

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article